Friday, May 1, 2009

REVOLUTION!!!! ...or so I thought


Hello my fellow PLUSanista’s!!!! Allow me to introduce myself; I’m your new B.F.F.!!! I’m here to tell you what your friend’s aren’t but society is! Before we get started let me go ahead and make this DISCLAIMER: I am not here to attack or offend anyone, I’m here to help, however if at anytime you do feel offended, then that probably means you are a B.G.D. (BIG GIRL DOWN), but we’ll get more into that later. My vision is to bring to the fore front PLUS-SIZE fashion and all it has to offer. I was inspired by all the B.G.D.’S of the world and the complaints of all my friends. Now I’m not claiming that I will be able to make miracles happen, I’m only human, but I do believe in slow transformations! From this moment on the following excuses are null and void: I’m broke, I don’t know what’s hot and what’s not, I can’t do anything with my shape, or my favorite headache, I HATE MY BODY! I know by now some of you are reading this like “Who the hell does she think she is”, but NEWS FLASH, if you are reading this and feel that way you probably need the most work!!! Enough of that now as you all know by now FOREVER 21 released there plus line, FAITH 21 today. I was so excited, I just knew it was going to be everywhere I wanted to be, but it’s not!! Maybe I’m being hard on them, probably not. I’m a strong believer in the motto “Go Hard or Go Home” and clearly they should try again! I just don’t understand why all the clothes they showed as previews that had me so excited are no where to be found, confused am I. Wait there’s more, can someone please tell me why there’s only 31 articles of clothing and within that number its like five dresses a couple skirts and the rest tops. WTH!!!! Umm and for those that catch on a little later than others there are no pants, I guess since its hot outside they figure you really don’t need them. And if that wasn’t enough the slap in the face came when I found out I couldn’t even try on any of the 3 dress in the store because it’s not in stores in Georgia!!! Like what’s the point? All I’m saying is I’m tired of getting Tabasco spat in my eye’s because I’m curvy! Stores and designers need to stop acting like being plus size is a punishment!!!! I understand we as a plus-size community have come so far and more and more stores and designers are catching on, but if you are going to do it, do it right don’t half ass it!!! For that reason alone on a hanger scale of 1-5, 1 meaning it will not be hanging in my closet and 5 meaning it will be hanging in the front, FAITH 21 by FOREVER21 RECEIVES:
2 HANGERS





GET IT TOGETHER!!!

Check out the FAITH 21 poll and let me know how you feel, until next time
Your new B.F.F. (Beautiful. Flawless Figure. and Fabulous)

2 comments on "REVOLUTION!!!! ...or so I thought"

☼Conchetta the Beautiful☼ on May 2, 2009 at 9:01 AM said...

Okay let me start by saying that I think it's awesome that u finally started this site Britt!!!

Now, on to Faith 21. That was a wee bit of a joke. You are right there are NO PANTS and NO STORES IN GEORGIA. WTF dude!!!????
Before I get on my soap box, I will give credit where it is due, at least they ATTEMPTED to listen to the consumer. ((attempted)) being the key word in that statement.
Here are some issues that I noticed.
(1) There is very little variety.
(2) There are few options for those like myself with a full chest that want make us look pregnant
(3) Why do the sizes END at 15/16??? and that is considered a 2X... inappropriate!!! lol But I guess since Forever 21 starts at like -00 and goes to like an 8, maybe, that's the best they could do.

I agree with you Britt. They could have done so much better. I guess they were just trying to meet a deadline, but they could have stayed at the office with that mess.

Anonymous said...

I love the blog sweetie. You touch all points that needed to be address in full figured fashion. I simmply love your views and input, cant wait to see what else you have on your mind.

Post a Comment

 

PLUSanista Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez